Hamilton County Courthouse

 

102 N. Rice St.

Hamilton, TX. 76531

254-386-1200

http://hamiltoncountytx.org

 

City Hall

200 E. Main St.

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8116

http://hamiltontexas.com

 

law Office

Joy Alexander

502 E Main St.

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8941

McMullen and Henkes

100 W Main St.

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8191

Nancy Anglin Yates

112 N Bell St.

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8558

White and White Attorneys

453 Cheyenne Mesa

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8598

Hamilton County Courthouse

Though the town of Hamilton has always had a square, the first courthouse was not erected until 1878.  Before that time, Hamilton Courthouses have included: 1858-1863 Livery Station that was destroyed by fire, 1863-1867 James Rice’s Store, 1867-1869 Jones Store House, 1869-1871 Hamilton School House, 1871-1877 Second Floor of the F.M. Graves and Company that was destroyed by fire (the county paid $300 annually for the lease of this space) and 1877-1878 South room of the Crescent Saloon.  The first courthouse, costing $11,559, was built of native stone in only 8 months and opened March 11. 1878.  It was destroyed by fire in February 1886.  In 1887, the second courthouse was built and still stands with some additions and restorations.  In 1932, the addition of wings and a bell tower made up the center of the building.  The Hamilton County Courthouse is the only one in the State to have crenellated towers.  In 2013 the building was restored to its 1930s Art Deco form.

Hamilton City Hall

City of Hamilton

200 E. Main St.

Hamilton, TX 76531

254-386-8116

Hamilton Municipal Airport